Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day Of Chaos!

Today, so far, has been a very chaotic day at the office. Working in any job that has anything to do with retail at this time of year is crazy! My job is only a "behind the scenes" type of thing, but the scene is still loading on the stress!

Musings for today:

1. Black Friday sales, for the most part, are nothing special. I went shopping on Monday of last week, and for many of my favorite stores, the SAME sales I took advantage of on Monday were the ones in the flyers for Black Friday. The stores hype everything up...opening at crazy hours and the like...for what? People are brainwashed, I tell you...BRAINWASHED! We drove around about midnight Thanksgiving/Black Friday, and laughed at all the people who had obviously been standing in line for hours on end...all to save $3 on some DVDs or $100 on some TV? Their time must not be all that valuable! Me personally? I wouldn't stand outside in the cold for that length of time unless there were at least $100,000 at stake! Now, THAT would be something worth my while. ;)

2. Lineage II is addictive! I actually played so much this past weekend that THE GAME popped up a message in my messaging block telling me something like, "You have been playing for an extended period of time. You should consider taking a break." Sad, I know, but all I could do was giggle as I kept on playing!