Monday, December 5, 2011

Annoyances

1. Unnecessarily cold indoor temperatures! Why is it during the summer, so many places blare the A/C, but in the winter they can't even bother to turn on the heat?  I've been shivering at work all day! The outside temperature is 42 degrees with the wind chill being 35.  The walls on all sides of the floor that I'm on are glass, so this is just radiating the cold (as it does the heat in the summer).  I'm in an enclosed office (no windows with the door closed), and I'm freezing to the point of shivering, and I'm in jeans, boots with long socks, an undershirt, sweater, AND I'm wrapped up in a Snuggie, and I can't seem to get warm!

2. People who rush to hit the "elevator close" button when you are two steps away from the elevator. They know you are there and walking briskly to the elevator, but they still attempt to shut the doors in your face. Is the two seconds it is going to take me to board the elevator, or the 10 seconds for me to get off on my floor really going to affect you that much?  If so, maybe you should try leaving the house for work a few minutes earlier.

3. People who park crooked or over the lines.  Is it really that difficult to park your car?  I mean, at the gym this morning, I parked evenly between my lines.  I come out, and some moron parks on the line and crooked in the space next to my driver's side.  I could barely get between my car and theirs without my gym bag rubbing down either of our cars, and I barely had enough room to open my door to get into my car.  Seriously, people....LEARN TO PARK!

I know...lots of negativity today.  Sorry...it has been a tough Monday, and I have actually been affected 
by all of these today.  If the issue with the parking lot at the gym wasn't bad enough, I get to work and nearly have the door shut in my face by some rude person (had I not stuck my foot in the door, because I was NOT waiting in that cold lobby for another 5 minutes for an elevator), and then dealing with the cold all day.  Not a good Monday!

On a good note, as of this weekend, I have hit my weight goal of 140 lbs!!  Now, I just need to get rid of the 5 lbs I will gain on my cruise next month.  I figure, since I KNOW I will gain about 5 lbs on the cruise, it is better to my psyche to lose the weight first, and then gain it back than it would be to come back from my cruise 145+ lbs. :)

Oh, and at least I get to play more Lineage II tonight!  Haven't gotten to play in days.