Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Take The Bad With The Good

BAD: Today is looking a whole lot like yesterday! It is sad that I have to turn off all my IM apps because certain people CANNOT get the idea that they are supposed to put in tickets rather than ping me directly...this is procedure! The problem is, they want THEIR issue to take precedence, so they ping me directly so that I have to tend to their issue right then and there, and this is not right to me (as I have to drop whatever it is I am doing, even to respond to them that they need to put in a ticket) or others who have followed the correct process to get their issue in the queue to be worked.  It also puts ALL the burden on me, especially when half of the issues should be going to the other daytime person.

GOOD: Today is a glorious, grey, rainy day!!!  I love days like this...just wish I didn't have to be cooped up inside.  I want to be out shopping or something...like at an open mall where I can walk around with my umbrella without a care in the world. :)