Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Figured Out What Was Making Me Sick

I was thinking yesterday about what could possibly be making me sick. I started backtracking the last month, and noticing that every time I went to the office when I was sick the first time, I got worse....felt great the week I didn't go into the office due to my son's football practice, and then got sick again when I went back to the office after being well for a week. It had to be something in the office, but what? It then hit me, I'm highly allergic to mold, and you are always hearing about mold in houses and buildings and such. So, when I went into work yesterday, I emailed the boss and started the process of having him get with building management to check the air quality. I then made an appointment with the doctor to get more meds, as I was again to the point of terrible sinus and ear pain.

Well, after I left the office, the building folks came in and did some air quality tests and checked things out. Turns out there were some plants in our area sitting in water and mold!! I stayed home today, and the boss just notified me of what they found, and told me to stay at home until they get things cleaned up. They have removed the plants, but building management is going to come in and do some spraying that is supposed to kill any mold spores that may have escaped.

I'm so glad the thought came to me about the mold and I said something. Otherwise, this would have been an ongoing thing, and I'm so tired of being sick!