Tuesday, December 13, 2011

What's The Difference?

Okay, I have to share this, because it is just way too funny...at least to me.

The other day at Starbucks, there is a mother and daughter standing behind me.  The little girl asks her mother if she could have a cake pop.  The mother tells her know, explaining that it is not a good for breakfast.  When we get up to the counter, the mother asks the daughter if she wants a glazed cake donut!  I had to stop myself, as I just wanted to turn around and ask her what the difference was between the cake pop and the donut!  So, here IS the difference:

Starbucks Cake Pop
170 Calories
9g Fat
85mg Sodium
22g Carb (18g of sugar)
0g Fiber
<1 g Protein

Starbucks Glazed Donut
420 Calories
21g Fat
260mg Sodium
57g Carbs (34g of sugar)
<1g Fiber
4g Protein

Lady should have let her child have the cake pop, as it would have been healthier...at least in that it was less total bad stuff at the beginning of the day!