Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Another Day



Still dealing with this stupid migraine! Still haven't heard word on if I'm going to have to cancel on my son's game tomorrow night or not.  It isn't like this was last minute...I let my boss know of my son's game last week before this project came up!  I'm going to be stuck working on the weekend again, which my husband is not very happy about at all...especially after last weekend and me getting so slammed with work on Sunday that I had to walk out of service and spend the rest of the morning in the conference room instead of getting my spirit fed.  He knows how much that upset me...and then not being able to go to evening service.

I know the migraine is directly related to work, and the fact that I'm still upset about things is keeping the thing going.  I mean, I took a nap yesterday afternoon, and had it almost gone...and it came back instantly when I caught up on my email and found out that I have to work these evenings and weekend! I understand that being exempt means that I MAY have to work overtime and will not get compensated for it, but it shouldn't be all the time - especially when I don't get the same benefits as others.  When the others work the night shift, they get two days off...they work either seven 8-hour shifts or seven 7-hour shifts, and they get two days off.  I normally work nine hours a day...take my lunch to work and take a quick break to eat, because there is often too much for me to do to get out of there for an hour...so that is 45 hours in a week already.  When I have to work the weekend shift, that is another 18 hours on top of my 45, but I don't get any comp days like anyone else, and I get paid less than they do!!  How is that right?  As it is, I'm going to work three straight weeks without a day off...and no compensation!  Again, how is that right?

My husband says I need to say something...ask for a raise, compensation, something.  The only problem is that I feel like it will fall on deaf ears!  Like I told him, if they truly appreciated me, the money and compensation would come without me asking.  The fact that it doesn't shows me they will just work me and not care how I feel!  I don't know what to do, as there really are not many jobs around at the moment, so it isn't like I can just find something else.