Monday, September 14, 2009

Work....Work

Planning stuff out for my vacation, considering I'm really only in the office 7 1/2 days between now and my vacation.  Taking a day off this week to take a 2+ hour trip up north to go watch my son's football game, and have to take an afternoon off next week to get my hair tended to (I'm not going on vacation with my roots showing...even if my natural blonde against faded red doesn't look that bad).  My time off from work officially starts Friday of next week.  So much to do, and it doesn't really seem like I have enough time to do it all!  I'm trying to think of everything.  I know...it's only a week...it isn't like I'm leaving the company or anything.  But there is a lot of ground to cover!  So much has changed since I took over certain processes, and I have to make sure that the folks covering me REALLY understand the expectations from management, or I'm going to have tons of stuff to do when I get back, and everything will have a "yesterday" deadline because it is already past due! I spent a month working under that kind of pressure when I took over my current duties, and really didn't like working that way.  The easier I make it on the folks that will be doing my job while I'm gone, the better off I will be.  Request for another server because the one I'm working on now may already be full by the time I go on vacation...check.  Additional IDs added for new clients...check.  Pushing folks to get me what they can ASAP...double check!!!

At least I have some good music to keep me going through the day, and block out anyone with unimportant interruptions!!!