Friday, September 18, 2009

Should Be A Long Day

Didn't get to sleep until about 1:00 a.m.  My son's first game of the season was last night 2 hours away from home.  His was the last of 4 teams to play, and as the evening progressed, the delay for the next game starting got later and later...so much so that my son's game started an hour later than it was supposed to.  Anyway...he and his team did a great job, being the only team to come out of the 4 that went for his school with a victory.  They wanted the victory very bad...had been talking about it for two weeks.  They are going for an undefeated season, and from what I saw last night, they are well on their way.  These kids do not play like 8th graders...they have the same drive and heart that the high school varsity team has.  My poor son was so sore with scrapes and bruises everywhere, not from what the other team did to him, but from what he did to the other team!  Every time they hiked the ball, be it my son was on the offensive side or the defensive side, he came out of his pocket like a freight train to take down anyone who got in his way.  He isn't the biggest guy on the team, but he is one of the strongest and quickest!

Anyway, another day at the office by myself...I'm the only one from my team here today, and it is already looking like a busy Friday.  Should make for a very long day!!!