Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Thinking Ahead...Or...Thinking At All!

It simply amazes me how little people think ahead...or as it sometimes seems...at all! I mean, if you know you will have to turn left at a point on the road, why do so many sit in the far right lane until the very last minute? If one knows an expense is in their future, why don't they plan and save up for it? If they know they are going on a vacation, why don't they let their employers know with enough advance so that they can make sure that there is plenty of coverage while the person is gone...instead of waiting until the week before at which point people may have already made plans for other things, and someone's plans WILL have to be changed?

I think about this often...especially on my morning commute. I mean, I KNOW that there will be a certain amount of traffic, and I need to make a right turn after I exit, so I take the exit before the one for my street to give me ample time to move over to the far right safely. However, every morning, I get flipped off or looked at funny if I don't come to a complete stop in the middle of traffic to allow someone to cut in front of me to make a turn 10 yards away because they didn't move over in advance of their turn!

Just plan ahead, people! It is easier, and safer!!!