Friday, March 5, 2010

Music...

I've really been getting into organizing my music lately...ever since iTunes lost it's mind on the last update, and ended up wiping out my library file!  I had to reimport ALL of my music (from the hard drive, of course).  For some reason, when the stuff imported, the work I had done categorizing stuff was not coming across correctly.  I had a bunch of stuff that listed as Unknown Artist/Unknown Album, when I could look at the files on the drive and see their ID tags were correct.

Anyway, in getting everything back to the way it was (including ALL my playlists, which were now gone), I started digging into how stuff was classified.  I found out I could put in keywords for my stuff, and then I can group by the keywords, especially when a group crossed genres...like New Romanticism and Post-Punk.  I've been doing research on the web, looking up how things are supposed to be labeled.  This has been quite a learning experience, and I know probably have one of the more organized music libraries on the planet (library file backed up, of course).

I leave you this this....

"That which does not kill me, had better run pretty damn fast!"