Thursday, June 22, 2017

Are you really almost 45?






Yup...that is me now. Wanted to do a more positive, and informative post today...kind of a little beauty blog. People are often shocked when they find out I'm the mother of a a 26 year old and a 22 year old. "Wait, how old were you when you had your first kid?!" The answer to that question is 18...so yeah, a little on the young side. I'm often asked how it is I hold my age so well. Today, I shall reveal some of my secrets!

First of all, hair dye. Seriously, you do not want to know how many gray hairs those two kids caused in their lives! Other than that, a few simple rules I follow:

1) I don't smoke. I used to way back in the day, but I quit that business about 20 years ago!

2) I don't worship the sun. I actually embrace my paleness! Sunscreen is a must. Some who know me know that I go on frequent walks, and I use an umbrella even on sunny days. My sunscreen of choice these days is Supergoop!

3) Drink tons of water...as much as I can stand in a day.

4) Eat healthy. You have to be nice to your skin from the inside. Personally, I'm pescatarian...mostly. I say mostly, because I do eat meat very occasionally. It is usually less than once a month.

5) I get plenty of exercise. Lift weights, go for walks, and dance, dance, dance!

6) Limit my alcohol consumption. Don't even think I quite average a single glass of wine a night.

Other than that, yes, I do have a regular routine I follow. From the inside, I take vitamin E daily. I started doing this some years ago, because I've had acne my whole life, regardless of what I did. While studying to become a personal trainer, I learned that acne could be a sign of vitamin E efficiency. I figured it couldn't hurt to try it. Started taking it daily, and my acne cleared!! HOLY COW! Really wish I had known that in my teen years!

My daily routine product-wise is currently this:

In the AM: Simply wipe the oil and such from my face with a clean damp wash cloth. I change out my wash cloth every day. Why just a damp cloth? I don't want to over-dry my face by using cleansers multiple times a day. After cleaning off my face, I simply use....





In the PM: This is where it is the most complicated. About 3 times a week, I use...




On the days I do not use the sauna scrub to clean my face, I pull out the Clairsonic and use...


Once my face is clean, I tone it up....




Finally, we have to use a good hydrator/moisturizer...




And to take care of the lines that try to present themselves...





It may seem like a lot, but it really isn't all that much when you really think about. Also, Friday nights are what I call my "spa nights"! I get a nice hot bath, and use a good mud mask to pull all the crap of the week out of my pours. I haven't found a true favorite yet...I get samples all the time, and try them all. So basically, it is whatever is sitting in my sample drawer that week...lol.

And that is my secret...oh...and living a good life, of course! A beautiful inside will always radiate through...remember that...so don't be ugly on the inside.