Thursday, October 25, 2012

Week #1 Almost Done!

So, I know I've been saying a few times that I'm going to "reboot", so to speak, but I keep having a hard time sticking with it! My schedule is just so crazy...and those french fries are oh so tempting!

Luckily, after my discovery of My Fit Foods, I've been able to stay on track all week!  I'm back to 5 meals a day: breakfast, lunch, dinner, and 2 snacks.  I've also been drinking their "detox cocktail" (which, I tell you, tastes terrible, but does seem to be working).  Some may say, "but their meals are not cheap!" Well, I figured it out, and what I've been spending on a crappy meal is about the same as one Fit Foods meal.  Just get the stuff myself and make my own meals?  Well, 1) I don't have the time; and 2) I figured out how much I spend on fresh veggies, meat, gluten-free pasta, etc., and it comes out about the same or more, especially if I want to eat something different every day...not to mention, veggies going bad before you get to eat them.

So far, I've lost about a pound, and I've noticed signs that my metabolism is kicking back up...sleeping a bit better, and though I'm perfectly fine with the temperature of the house before lunch, I find myself sweating after lunch.

Next week, I'm going to try to get back on track with exercise...no less than 5 days a week.  Right now, I'm only averaging about one day...sure, it is an hour of weights and an hour of dance, but I need to do better.