Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Reflection On My "Cruise Diet"

Shifting gears today in my ramblings. About a month ago, I officially started what I affectionately call the "Cruise Diet". We have a cruise scheduled for January. Last year we went in September, and I fell short of my goals by the time the trip came along...missing my goal by 10 lbs. That may not seem like much, but when you have a very unforgiving dress that ended up hanging in the closet instead of being spotlighted...well. I gained a few pounds back on the cruise, and gained a few more back over the holidays. I was up 10 lbs when it was all said and done...meaning, when I started, I had 20 lbs to go instead of 10.

This is going to be a bit of a challenge...seeing as I have to get through the holidays before the cruise as well. Considering that I've totally changed the way I eat now, I'm hoping that this should be easier. I've gone mostly organic...I say mostly, because I still occasionally eat out...we have our once a week get together, and this week I had to take care of a Chick-Fil-A craving. :) But I have become very conscious about this...I have turned my overall health around, so I don't want to compromise by eating a bunch of junk.

The toughest part of it all is being impatient. I mean, we all want to see fast results, while we all know that slow results are the longest lasting. At about a half a pound to a pound a week, I see myself frustrated sometimes. I also have to remind myself that muscles are not going to tone overnight, because I get so discouraged when I still see those areas that I'm not quite happy with. I have to keep reminding myself that progress is being made, as slow as it may be, and that at the current rate my goal is very much an attainable one. I still have 23 weeks, and that is 11-23 lbs I can lose between now and then, and as the fat goes, the muscle tone will start to show, right?