Monday, August 15, 2011

Benefits Of Juicing!

Yep, I'm on the juice...but not like you think! I bought a juicer yesterday, and decided to incorporate regular juices into my diet every day. I used to have this very interesting juice every day, but the juice bar that I used to get it from went out of business. Luckily, before the guy went out of business, he shared the recipe with me (I mean, what benefit was it to him to not give me the recipe of my favorite drink, since he was already going out of business). I haven't had this juice for about 2 years now...tried in a blender, but didn't quite get it (buying some of the juices bottled, such as the pineapple juice, and mixing with pureed stuff...wasn't quite the same). I finally bit the bullet and got a juicer, and this morning was reintroduced to my old friend...the Tango 7. It's a funny name, but this is a funny juice! I remember when I was first introduced to it...I looked at the list of ingredients and thought, "Really? That can't possibly taste any good!" I think what threw me off the most was the garlic. But, the owner of the juice bar urged me to try it. I did, and still wasn't quite convinced. It wasn't terrible, but it tasted funny. After a couple of weeks, the taste grew on me...so much that he used to make mine with a little extra garlic at my request. This stuff is better than any energy drink!

The health benefits are amazing, which makes the $90 spent on my juicer well worth the cost:

- Because the juice doesn't have to go through the digestion process, vitamins are more easily absorbed into the body.

- With juicing, you can consume more servings of fruit and vegetables than you could ever stand eating as solid.

- No added sugar, HFCS, artificial sweeteners, etc. that you often find in bottled juice...thus, juicing can be beneficial in weight loss.

- Better overall health, and juices can help detoxify the body.