Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Here is what I've gathered with relation to the coronavirus

Sifting through all of the stuff flying around the internet, I've been able to figure out that the coronavirus is really not any more serious than a chest cold...that we have all had at some point in our lives. The difference, NO ONE has developed an immunity, so it is likely that anyone who comes in contact with it will be ill...in most cases nothing severe, and something that will pass just like any cold or flu virus.

The issue is for people who already are in a position where their health is compromised, as is the case with the flu or any other cold virus, as well. These people can develop more serious conditions such as bronchitis or pneumonia. From someone who has asthma her whole life, I can understand this.

What I can't understand is the panic!!! What I also don't understand is the fear mongering by the media, making the coronavirus seem like something so deadly that if you get it, you WILL die! That is basically the message they are sending out! This is why everyone is freaking the fuck out! The best thing we can all do is basically what we should be doing all along. We should be taking care of our health...eating healthy, exercising, etc...keeping our bodies as able to fight viruses as it can be for our age. Getting older doesn't mean that you have to be frail and get sick easy. I know two people, as a matter of fact, who are knocking on the door of 80, and neither are slowed down in any way! One still goes to the gym every day, while the other goes on daily hikes. Both eat a healthy diet, and continue to live very productive lives!

We also need to be self aware. If we are ill, we should limit our presence in public. I know when I'm sick, you won't catch me dragging myself out! I may go to the doctor if I'm bad enough, and at worse, the drug store to pick up my prescriptions from said doctor visit. With the ability to get groceries and any thing else delivered, I don't have to leave the house for anything else until I'm well, and no longer contagious. I wash my hands, if I happen to cough or sneeze in public...typically just due to allergies...I cover my stuff up.

I also don't invade the personal space of others. Sick or not, there is NO reason to be right up on someone in a line or something where they feel crowded. It is common courtesy to allow people to have their personal space (something people obviously forget about). If you aren't my partner, you shouldn't be so close that you are touching me or I can feel you breathing on me.

Really, people need to calm the fuck down! Use some common sense. Remember, this thing hasn't even killed any children! Also, there have probably been thousands of more cases of this virus than have been reported, because they are only testing under certain conditions. It is likely that some had some very mild cold symptoms, dealt with it like any other cold or flu, and got over it without the world even knowing.