Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Sadly, I don't think Sanders can beat Trump

As much as I can agree with a lot of Bernie's ideals and potential policies, I just don't see him beating Trump. In today's climate, if we are going to get Trump out of the WH, we need a candidate who is a bit more middle. Is that sacrificing that which I believe is good policy? Maybe, but right now, I'm more concerned about what is best for the country! We cannot survive another 4 years of Trump without irreparable damage! Now, the GOP is talking slashing Social Security and Medicare. Just this week, a Native American sacred burial ground was demolished to make room for the stupid border wall! National Park lands are being destroyed. Environmental policy reversed. Protections for pre-existing conditions being targeted. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer, and the middle class are screwed!

What we need is a candidate that is a little closer to middle that the independents and those to the right middle can get behind so that we can get Trump out of office! We also need to tip the balance in the Senate, and get McConnell out of the seat!

As much as I love what Bernie stands for, I think it is too much for right now. Who can beat Trump? Sadly, I think that person would be Biden, as much as I don't really like how wishy-washy he is on policy. However, I don't see Biden destroying the country like Trump, and could be the 4-year repreave we need to then get a candidate in office we need. Biden may be just enough to get the ball rolling on trying to reverse some of the damages done by policy, by putting back into place what Obama had. Biden is the kind of person who can ease relations with the other countries. We don't need a candidate who will enact drastic change at this point...we just need someone to start the healing. We must heal, first.