Tuesday, April 17, 2018

How did they NOT know?

As I read recent headlines about all the trouble in the Trump camp with the recent raiding of his attorney's offices, I continue to ask myself how did Evangelical Christians ever back this man in the first place?! I've seen article after article, and post after post, about how Trump is the home of Christians to turn this country around, and how his Presidency was prophesied. I see the very same people I used to attend church with who claimed Obama was really a Muslim, and only pretended to be Christian, now backing Trump with full support...talking about prayers for our leader! When his past discretions are reported on, it is dismissed by these same people as "fake news", the "victims" are "liars", or Trump is given a pass based on the fact that God is merciful and forgiving...claiming that Trump is no longer THAT man and has changed his ways!

There are some that are now starting to turn their back on Trump, as further things are revealed. However, none of what has been revealed is of no surprise to those of us who have actually paid attention over the last 2-3 decades! None of these things in the headlines today are of any surprise to me. I warned people during the primaries that this was exactly the kind of man Trump was! His womanizing was never a secret. The doorman saying that Trump has a "secret lovechild with a housekeeper" is of no surprise! His flip-flopping is exactly what I expect of him. And quite frankly, his poor judgments as a businessman that led to 7 Trump Corp bankruptcies is showing in a big way. What is happening is EXACTLY what I expected to happen if Trump were elected. I've paid attention over the years. I knew what kind of man he was!

That is why I have to ask how they didn't know. I mean, a lot of these people I see in support of Trump are at least 1-2 decades older than I am, so they have had even longer to hear of Trump's reputation. It was never a secret...but always out there for all to see! He has never been a very private person.

Of course, I then have to look at things and experiences in my personal life with a family who made themselves to be sold out to Christ. I was married for 14 years to a man who lead the world to believe he was some man of God...he was even in church leadership (we both were). His third affair while we were married was as plain as the nose on anyone's face, as he and the other woman carried on flirting in church every Sunday. If that wasn't clear enough, he married that very same woman within about 3 1/2 months of our separation! He was NEVER asked to step down from his position. As a matter of fact, I know for certain that he is still on the praise team and the head of sound for that very same church.

I left church completely shortly after the separation of my ex. The hypocrisy, among other things, was just too much, and I couldn't allow that to be in my life any longer. I guess it really should be of no surprise to me that these Evangelicals are backing a man like Trump! Most of the churches I know of these days like to preach that "prosperity gospel" and Trump is exactly the man that brings that gospel some extra fire. The only problem is that these people don't realize that they are too low on the totem pole for Trump's kind of prosperity! He won't help put more money in their pockets...he and the GOP are out to destroy them and the rest of the middle class! And they call us sheep!