Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Women who vote for sexually abusive men

There has been a lot of talk lately about the kind of woman who would vote for someone like Roy Moore, who has basically admitted to relations with girls as young as 14. Many ask how could any woman vote for a man like this? This was also asked during the Presidential election as women voted for Trump, who was recorded on audio saying thing about he treats women and who has had several women come forward and say he touched them inappropriately and the like.

To answer the question of how a woman could vote for a man like this, you must first understand the culture of those known as Conservative Republicans! I was married for 15 years to a Conservative Republican. If you lived in this world, you would understand. I can't tell you how many times I was told that it was wrong for me to ever deny my husband sex. It didn't matter if I was down with the flu, if he was horny, I was expected to have sex. The Bible was often used to support this idea. I don't know how many times I was told that I should fulfill all of my husband's sexual desires as to avoid him being tempted by OTHER women! I found myself thinking, "How is it he cannot have enough self control to avoid his own temptation?!"

You see, these women are taught that their husband is their keeper. In this culture, men are pretty much allowed to do as they choose, and the woman is supposed to "serve" her husband! At one point, my ex-husband actually handed me a book titled "Me...Obey...Him" and urged me to read it. I never did! I was too strong willed and independent thinking for this man and their culture, and this caused me a lot of grief! Some of the things I could tell you would make you shudder, but I don't have time to tell of it all here right now...and if you read through my blogs, you may be able to get some idea of my life those 15 years.

Basically, in short, if you have to wonder how any woman can vote for men like this, it is because they are brainwashed and conditioned to! They are brainwashed by their parents, their husbands, their church...it doesn't matter what these men do. You have to vote party! You have to vote like your husband or father! People in this culture are not allowed to think for themselves. I mean...think about it. How many different people have you been in arguments with on social media in the last year on political issues, and think about how each of these Conservative Republicans simply follow the same script, many failing to offer any kind of supporting facts or alternate thinking points to support their stance! It is the way they say because it is simply the way they say...the way their culture says. These woman really don't know any other way to vote!