Wednesday, September 27, 2017

So, you want to boycott the NFL and all of their sponsors!

I've seen the last few days people calling out for boycotts of the NFL and any of their sponsors who either stand in support of them, or who stay quiet on the issue at hand. I see this and I have to wonder a couple of things.

First of all, I have to wonder if these people are actually willing to throw the economy into the toilet over this protest by NFL players? How is that patriotic? Advocating for putting hard-working Americans out of work? That is all you are really going to do! The folks at the top of these organizations will be fine. They have money to float themselves until they can figure out their next venture. They won't close the companies right away...they will slowly lay off people trying to right the ship until there is no other option. These people are Americans who don't have money to float them, and if said boycotts WERE successful, jobs would be that much harder to find! Yeah, you want to stand up for the flag...you want to talk about respect for the men and women who have served...but how respectful is it to spit in the face of those very soldiers by advocating for killing this country?!

Second, all these patriotic folks, I have to ask you this. Where is the stuff made that you buy? I know a whole lot of you shop at Wal-Mart, and I also know half of that junks is manufactured in sweat shops where human rights are the last thing the slave drivers that run them are concerned about! You buy products that continue to support the very thing our men and women in the military are fighting against! Oh, but you are are good patriotic Americans!

Finally, I have to state again what has been stated for the last 3 days...every one in this country is protected by the First Amendment right to free speech! This doesn't mean we are only allowed to express our opinions publicly if they match up with your opinion...or even the President's opinion! This doesn't mean that if you are rich you have no right speaking up for people who are living in poorer conditions. This doesn't mean that if you are not oppressed, you are not allowed to speak against injustices you see against others. This means FREE SPEECH! Sadly, even hate speech is protected, as long as it isn't calling out for physical harm to other people (i.e., such as calling out for mass lynchings, etc.). One can be on YouTube all day spewing hate, and there is no law that says he cannot! If being interviewed on the news, I can say I hate flying purple people eaters, and as long as I'm not calling out for people to beat them down for no reason other than the fact they are purple, I'm still within my First Amendment rights! That is one of the amazing things about this country!

So, I say this...all of you who want to talk about disrespect for our flag, or our men and women in the military, and our country by taking a knee to call out an injustice they see, and to send a message to a President who has, on so many occasions, shown he truly does not line up with the values that this country was founded on, YOU, my friends, are the ones disrespecting these things by trying to deny people their Constitutional right to free speech! You support a man who is more outspoken against a group of mostly black Americans pointing out an injustice than he is against a group of White Supremacist haters! You want to support your right to fly the Confederate battle flag which is a symbol of treason against the United States, and protect statues of people who fought against the country you claim to love. You want to call those of us who don't side with you a bunch of snowflakes or libertards (yeah...basically calling us retarded for actually valuing other humans), while you just follow along like a bunch of sheep behind a man who will probably walk you right off of a cliff! Come to think of it, so many of you didn't even support him until he became the Republican nominee...you couldn't stand him! But you are so close mindedly following the Republican party line that you will end up standing behind whoever they throw at you to follow. No, no one could possibly offer this country anything if they are not Republican, right? I'm neither Republican nor Democrat...I'm for who I think will do what is best for this country. I'm not just going to follow someone because of party affiliation...I what to know where their heart is. I refuse to stand just because you tell me to, and I will always do what I feel is best for this country because I truly am an American!