Friday, May 5, 2017

STOP THE AHCA!!!

This is an urging to WRITE YOUR SENATORS!

The AHCA is a bad bill! It must stop in the Senate! I have loved ones who could have their coverage dropped or their rates hiked under the proposed new pre-existing condition provisions..including myself. My daughter and I shouldn't be punished for having mild asthma since birth. Neither of us have really incurred many medical bills because of it outside of when we were infants (both of us suffered regular bouts of bronchitis and pneumonia as babies...and now I only experience the once-every-5-years bout of bronchitis...which I'm sure the premiums I pay over those 5 year more than covers the treatment of), but we could see our rates increase just because of that under the new provisions! My mom is diabetic, and was treated (and cured) of uterine cancer in her 20's...she could see her rates hike or her coverage dropped under the new provisions! My dad has had recent pain issues which are being looked at as possible rheumatoid arthritis. What happens to his coverage? Must he live the rest of his life in pain if insurance or Medicare will not cover treatment? Could he afford supplemental insurance being retired? My best friend of 20+ years (woman is a sister to me) also has pain and arthritic issues...what will happen to her coverage and rates?! I have other dear friends who had breast cancer and other conditions. I can keep listing here people I love who have conditions on this list that is being proposed that insurance companies could potentially be allowed to no longer cover! This is a bad bill, people! Yes, the Affordable Care Act needed some fixing; however, one of the great things it did was make sure that people like me and my loved ones could get coverage for the treatment they needed. #IAmAPreexistingCondition