Friday, August 9, 2013

UGH!!! Why Did They Have To KILL My Favorite Class?

So, my gym got rid of the Hip Hop class I was taking, and pushed the instructor to do more of a Zumba format. Needless to say, none of us regulars are happy with the change! I've contacted everyone I can to change it back, and all I hear is that it is about numbers in the class...they want 60+ people stuffed into a classroom like sardines where you really can't move in any kind of way that really brings up your heart rate. Sad thing is, they have so many Zumba classes, there really wasn't a need for another.

I love my girl who teaches the class, I really do! I want to stick around and support her. The problem I face is that the gym is 30 miles from my house. There is a much closer facility that I could go to more often (like daily), but I have stayed at this gym...going only once a week...because I LOVED this class!

So, now I'm faced with a decision...cancel my membership at this gym and transfer to the gym closer to home, or stay and support my girl. It is such a tough decision to make!