Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I Can't Stand Liars Or Assumers!

Seriously! I get this call from my insurance company today out of the blue asking me about a claim against my policy. I have to ask what the claim is for, and the vehicle they give me is my primary vehicle. I asked when and where, because I have not been involved in anything with my car. The when and where correspond to a meeting I was at two weeks ago, but the time is a bit off...the time this person is saying this happened is the time I was just leaving my house, and I was still several miles away from the location of the supposed incident! I go out and look all around my vehicle...no damage at all. If that vehicle had been involved in an incident that caused enough damage for the person to make a claim on my insurance, there would be some sign of such on it...but NOTHING! No scratches, no dents, no scuffs...the vehicle is white, show it shows everything, even absorbs color out of bug guts or bird poo if it is left on the paint too long.  The insurance offers me no other information, but says I need to go get my vehicle looked at by one of their body shops so that pictures can be taken. The other person apparently got my license plate, and that is how they tracked me...no indication that they actually witness the damage to their car, so they probably took down the plate of the most likely car based on proximity while I was in the building!

So, I go to the body shop that will be handling my side of the claim for the insurance company. The estimators come out, and ask me what happened.  I tell them, "I'm hoping you can tell me! I don't even know what kind of damage we are supposed to be looking for!" The guy looks at his paper and says that supposedly I backed into someone. I kinda chuckle, and say "Oh really? So, how did I supposedly do that in this vehicle, when there isn't even a scratch on my back end?" We went around to the back of the car, and took pictures and measurements...sure enough, not so much as a scratch or scuff on that large area of white painted plastic!  We look, and we look....NOTHING!  The estimator says it isn't possible for their to be nothing, not even the slightest blemish!

I really hope my insurance company gets this claim off of my back. I'm not about to have my rates go up for something I didn't do. I'm interested in seeing what kind of proof they are trying to use, and I really would like to see what kind of damage they are trying to claim I caused...if anything, so I can have something to laugh at!