Thursday, March 10, 2011

How Do Some People Get Their Driver's License?!?!?!

So yesterday, I'm nearly taken out by someone darting across 3 lanes of traffic coming off of the freeway off-ramp (mind you, I was in the far right lane furthest away from the off ramp).  If it wasn't for the driveway, I would have been less a car!  I seriously missed this idiot by about an inch, maybe less, as I carefully watched his front end in my side window.

Then, today...the TWO far left lanes enter the freeway.  Dude was in the right-most of these two lanes, I was in the left.  He turns on his turn signal and immediately starts to move over, with me still in his way!  I lay on the horn, and he just keeps coming over, giving me jesters that he NEEDS to be in that lane.  He seriously expected me to hit my brakes to make room for him, risking getting hit from behind by the person riding my rear!  After he maneuvers in front of me, he keeps jestering that he NEEDED in that lane, as I jester that both lanes enter the freeway.  He gets on the freeway, and darts straight over to the far left lane, as I stay in my lane knowing that in just a few miles, I will need to exit again, and that traffic will be very backed up just ahead making it more difficult to move back over.

I am really getting tired of the "entitlement" attitude people have while driving, but it seems to be par with their attitude about everything else.  What is wrong with planning ahead, be courteous, and most of all, making decisions that are safe?  If you have to get back off the freeway because you couldn't merge into traffic before the lane turned to an off-ramp...oh well!  The frontage road goes IN THE SAME DIRECTION!  If you can't get on the freeway, because heavy traffic is not letting you to the on-ramp, the frontage road goes IN THE SAME DIRECTION, and the freeway is backed up anyway!